In order to better protect our customers, we have begun migrating from our current website to a new web identity – www.savingsinstitute.bank. The .BANK environment provides an increased level of security to our customers. The transition to .BANK will benefit you in the following ways:
- An easily identifiable bank website for trusted communication
- A verified domain that includes robust security requirements
- A highly secured website providing stronger protection against future cyber security risks
To learn more about the transition to .BANK please take a look at the Frequently Asked Questions Below. Please do not hesitate to contact us
if you have any questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is .BANK (often referred to as “dot bank”)?
.BANK is a new web domain that can only be used by verified financial institutions. It is a highly controlled environment, free from the malicious activities found in existing Top Level Domains (TLDs) such as .com and .net.
Why is Savings Institute Bank & Trust moving to .BANK?
We pride ourselves in being at the forefront of cyber security and protecting our customers’ personal information is a top priority. Traditional “dot com’ website addresses can be acquired by just about any person or group. This means online criminals can create 'spoof' websites and email addresses that can misdirect people and fool them into giving away personal information.
That is why a coalition of banks, insurance companies and financial services trade associations from around the world came together to create the .BANK domain. Only after completing an extensive verification process can a .BANK domain be acquired.
Will savingsinstitute.com still work?
Yes! Visitors to savingsinstitute.com will automatically be redirected to savingsinstitute.bank. If you have the old site address in your Favorites or Bookmarks, we recommend that you update these to savingsinstitute.bank, but it is not required.
Is there anything that I need to do?
There is nothing that you need to do.
Does the move to .BANK change my Online Banking login?
No. You'll continue to use your existing user name and password.
Are Savings Institute Bank & Trust email addresses changing?
Savings Institute Bank & Trust emails will remain @banksi.com for the time being.
Why is .BANK more secure than .COM?
A Financial Top Level Domain (fTLD) requires compliance with a set of requirements that are not currently mandated by the operators of other commercially available TLDs, including:
- Mandatory verification of Charter/Licensure for regulated entities ensures that only legitimate members of the banking community are awarded domain names.
- Mandatory re-verification of registration data every two years or at domain renewal, whichever comes first, ensures ongoing eligibility for domain names.
- Domain Name System Security Extensions (DNSSEC) ensures that internet users are landing on participants' actual websites and not being misdirected to malicious ones.
- Email authentication to ensure protection by mitigating spoofing, phishing and other malicious activities propagated through emails to unsuspecting users.
- Multi-factor authentication to ensure that any change to registration data is made only by authorized users of the registered entity.
- Enhanced encryption to ensure confidentiality and integrity of communications over the internet to prevent eavesdropping, data tampering, etc.
- Prohibition of Proxy/Privacy Registration Services to ensure full disclosure of domain registration information so bad actors cannot hide.